Certified Patient Care Technician Course – 16 June 2020 – Bedford TX
Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals rely on Patient Care Technicians/Assistants to assist with the critical day-to-day care some patients require. As a CPCT/A, you’ll provide hands-on assistance to serve patients’ basic needs, as well as work alongside other healthcare professionals.
More and more patients require special care, sometimes around-the-clock. Needs vary from patient to patient, making it vital that the Patient Care Technician/Assistant has a diverse range of knowledge and skills to provide their basic care.
As a Patient Care Technician/Assistant, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Obtain EKG readings and monitor vital signs
- Perform phlebotomy procedures
- Provide basic patient care — bathing, feeding, grooming, etc
- Acquire, distribute and administer patient care supplies
- Perform safety checks and ensure cleanliness in patient rooms
- Accommodate the special needs of patients accordingly
- Provide emotional support to patients and families, particularly coping with grief and death
As the elderly population increases, healthcare facilities, hospitals and nursing homes have a great demand for qualified Patient Care Technicians/Assistants. Since this profession is needed in many practices, you may have a variety of opportunities available to you. Earning your CPCT/A can help you launch a career in the healthcare path you choose.
Requirements: You must be 18 years of age, have a High School Diploma or GED, and one of the following certifications to register for this course: Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, or equivalent experience
Class Schedule: This is a 5 week long course completely online. The National exam will be given the last day of class.
Cost: $500 – Cost includes all online material. The National exam is an additional cost paid directly to NHA in the amount of $115. Payment Plan accepted.
– Registration Fee – $100
– First payment due on the first day of class: $200
– Second payment due on the 3rd week of class: $200
– Exam payment due on the 4th week of class